Sandy Hook A hoax?

Anything not "Aeronca or flying" related!
Richard Murray

Re: Sandy Hook A hoax?

Post by Richard Murray »

Well let it not be said that a politician will not take advantage of the opportunity presented to them!
If you use the circumstances of this recent tragedy as an example, the country should have outlawed box trucks and carryalls when McVeigh blew up the Federal Building in OKC.
We should be outlawing cars because individuals who drink too much then decide they can drive and kill one or more people as a result of their actions.
The liberal minded media has seized an opportunity as well to capture viewers/suscribers.
Richard

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

First of all, I do not think Sandy Hook is a hoax but I noticed today Sen Feinstein introducted legislation to outlaw assault type weapons and extended clips. So I go back to my orginal question: what do they intend to do with the millions (most likely) of assault type weapons already owned by legal folks like my brother? I don't think the drug runner in Chicago for example is going to care where his Glock came from. Looks like more feel good legislation to me from the liberals and by the way, while I own several guns I am not a 'gun nut'.

Mike

Paul Agaliotis

Post by Paul Agaliotis »

Mike,
Feinstein is a boob! This is the same crappy law that CA let expire. They fail to define "assault weapon". It's a knee jerk reaction that makes her look like she's doing something.
I wish she would stay involved in making real estate deal and laws that benefit her developer husband Richard Blum. With this she gets rich but doesn't push an agenda down the throats of America. I can understand a crook but I have a different level of pissed off for a Traitor.
I spoke with a police friend about this stuff. He couldn't make heads or tails of it. He suggested that if I felt that my weapon fit the assault weapon category I should register it. His reason was, that if he found the weapon he would confiscate it due to the confusion of the law. It would then be my problem to get it back. How's that for Freedom.
Paul
Mailing Adress : Paul Agaliotis 2060 E. San Martin, San Martin,Calif. 95046

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

I haven't read the proposed law but she did make the statement on TV tonight that eventually it would cause the supply of named weapons and clips to 'dry up'. I don't own one but I feel your pain. I do own a pistol and that would probably be next on their list.

Mike

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea »

Paul,

What perturbs me is that now under Feinsteins idiotic rules any gun that had a "thumbhole" in the stock would be illegal as she calls that an assault rifle. Also any barrel with threads on it is the same. Idiots, every hunting rifle in Europe and England has a silencer on it and that requires threads to screw it onto the barrel, but Feinstein and her "knee jerk" reaction cannot see this.

This is political games at their best and not one rule that they are proposing would have saved ONE person in the recent shootings. It WILL get them more votes and thats what they want...

Joe A

Paul Agaliotis

Post by Paul Agaliotis »

Joe,
At first, the proposal had a bunch of identifiers for the definition of assault weapon. I believe they were, pistol grip stock,bayonet lug, folding stock, flash suppressor and grenade launcher. If you had two of these it was considered a banned weapon. So the companies made a thumb hole stock, omitted the bayonet lug, made a one piece stock, started calling the suppressor a muzzle break and made the grenade an externally mounted item. So the weapon has the same cyclic rate, holds the same amount of ammo and still launches grenades is now a legal weapon.
All of this proposed legislation is just a reaction by our elected officials playing to the crowd. Nothing would have stopped this idiot from committing this crime. If it wasn't a gun he would have driven through a parade. I believe that the only way to stop a bad man with a gun, is a good man with a gun. Now our elected officials want to take the gun out of the good mans hand.
Why is it we don't hear of this type of lunatic walking into a police station or prison and going to work. My opinion is that there are guns in there, and that makes the difference. Not many guns would be in an elementary school which makes it an easy target.
If we can teach 5th graders to put condoms on bananas why can't we teach them gun safety. Misuse of either can alter your life.
Paul

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea »

Paul,

Totally agree!

Joe

Bo Grave

Post by Bo Grave »

Gentlemen,

This is not the same weapons ban!! This is also going to out law semi auto; handguns,shotguns and rifles that were not part of the ban the last time. This is very bad and we need to fight this with everything we can.

Eugene (Bo) Grave
Eugene ( Bo ) Grave
A&P, IA, R&E
CHAMP
CHIEF
BONANZA

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea »

Totally agree Bo,

Feinstein wants to ban almost everything and whats not banned she still wants on a federal registry. Shades of Nazi Germany!

Joe A

Richard Murray

Post by Richard Murray »

The really frightening part is Feinstein and many like her have a constituency that continue to send them back to Washington which leaves most people who share our beliefs in a minority.
Richard

rkittine

Post by rkittine »

Unfortunately that is the way that a Democratic Republic works. With Obama getting over 5 million more popular votes and a huge majority in the electoral vote area, conservatives have to come up with a better candidate to run.
Robert P. Kittine, Jr.WA2YDV
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C.
New York, New York 631-374-9652
rkittine@aol.com

Paul Agaliotis

Post by Paul Agaliotis »

Bo,
I understand that this is a different piece of legislation. I wanted to point out the mind set of this dork from CA.
Unfortunately the bear-foot long hairs out West just love this gal. They would like the Government to run every aspect of their lives. Most are convinced that we can run this Country on frog hair and sunshine. Against all progress and vehemently believe everything the government tells them.
These elected boobs learned that all we need to give them is bread and carnival. Or in CA, rainbow parades and welfare.
Paul

Richard Murray

Post by Richard Murray »

And what a Democratic Republic it is Robert, which is why the second amendment exists, to protect us from our own government.
Richard

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Noted today that Sen. Reid has said the gun control bill will not include the so called assault weapons ban although Feinstein has vowed to bring it up on an amendment. It probably will not pass 'this time'. I don't own one but I'm concerned of the 'chipping away' of our gun rights (happen to own a pistol). On another note: I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and the ammunition shelves were vitually empty. Even .22 which I was interested in for varmint shooting. The guy behind the counter said it was 'nation wide' after a run on guns and ammunition due to pending legislation.

Mike

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea »

Mike,

The Govt has been buying up ammo at such a rate that there is none left over for civilian use. The DHS has recently bought something like 4 million rounds of ammo... for what? What in the world do they need 4 million rounds for?

The ammo producers are running out of brass and primers, thats the problem... and the lib tards are loving it...

Agree with you about our eroding rights in this area. Feinstein and the others could care less about the Constitution, they want us un-armed so that they then can do anything they wish with us. Sorry but that is not going to work in most of the country.

Joe A