Glass Panel Chief?

Post-War Aeronca Chief airplanes
Flynlow

Glass Panel Chief?

Post by Flynlow »

I spent some time figuring out how to mount my iPad in the Chief without losing any of the already limited visibility. I think I accomplished it! Here's the rest of the story: http://flynlow.blogspot.com/2012/01/sat ... -hill.html

I used RAM Mount: RAM-B-121-AP8U http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-Syst ... rvi_cart_1

MikeB

Re: Glass Panel Chief?

Post by MikeB »

I have a IFLY.GPS mounted in the same place with the suction cup on the windshield corner. I also tried it on the top of the windshield between the "Y" tubes. Either place seems to work OK.
MikeB
Flynlow

Post by Flynlow »

This actually fit very nicely. I didn't want to obstruct instruments or my view and it came out pretty well. The yoke barely clears though, so the passenger would have difficulty flying. I will probably only use it on long trips or when flying solo.
Aerco

Post by Aerco »

I always thought a sunvisor-type mount would be ideal for an I-pad, minimum glare and it's right there in front of your face when you need it and can folded away when you don't.
EDGEFLY

Post by EDGEFLY »

Peter,

Did you ever try out a sun-Visor mount ?

Dale
joea
Site Admin

Post by joea »

Jack,

I used a RAM mount when using my AV8OR Ace during cross country flights in the Sedan and it works very well. Course I do have just a bit more room in the airplane. The Ace is a bit smaller than the I-whatever so does not take up as much space.

Joe A
Omymyohellyes

Post by Omymyohellyes »

I have a very similar setup on the pilot's side for mounting the icom hand held.

OMMOHY