Old Planes at the Old Fort

Post your Aeronca-related event here
Flynlow

Old Planes at the Old Fort

Post by Flynlow »

First a quick introduction since I'm new to the forums. I'm Jack. I've flown a lot of planes in my life and I even own a powered parachute now. I take a lot of aerial and air-to-air photos (see the link in my signature) and write for Powered Sport Flying Magazine. Recently I've been flying Phil's (Griphos) Chief. I'm quickly falling in love with this plane!

This weekend I took it to Groesbeck, Texas for the "Old Planes at the Old Fort" fly-in. While I had the only Aeronca there, there were many nice planes, including a beautiful Waco. It was an interesting runway! 2,000' with 70' trees right on the end of the runway! I had a lot of people come up to me after I landed saying I had a beautiful slip and landing. That's always nice! Surprisingly I didn't see anyone else slip and many guys had to try two or three times to get down.

I'll share a few photos here and you can see the rest here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/flynlow/se ... 678663013/

Of course the Chief first!

brink

Re: Old Planes at the Old Fort

Post by brink »

Hi Jack:
My knick name is Sunny, I reside in Granbury< Nice Photo's I am rebuilding a 7-DC 75HP, Down to the Right wing Put the slip cover on it Sunday. Just got to Polytac it down and I will start the shrink process. You based in george town? Welcome to the club, We have another member with a -11 on the field, OXTO is Nassau bay Airport, about 5.3 miles N/Nw of Pecan plantation. My hanger is 3rd from the south on the east side of the runway.your Welcome anytime!!! A fellow flyer Sunny

Flynlow

Re: Old Planes at the Old Fort

Post by Flynlow »

Hey Sunny. The plane is really Phil's, he's just kind enough to let me fly it. We keep it in Leander, a little grass strip near Georgetown. We'll have to fly out and see you soon.
brink wrote:Hi Jack:
My knick name is Sunny, I reside in Granbury< Nice Photo's I am rebuilding a 7-DC 75HP, Down to the Right wing Put the slip cover on it Sunday. Just got to Polytac it down and I will start the shrink process. You based in george town? Welcome to the club, We have another member with a -11 on the field, OXTO is Nassau bay Airport, about 5.3 miles N/Nw of Pecan plantation. My hanger is 3rd from the south on the east side of the runway.your Welcome anytime!!! A fellow flyer Sunny