Lousy weather

General discussion and guidelines
MikeB

Lousy weather

Post by MikeB »

Back from Texas and still have two feet of snow in front of my hangar. My "L" is getting lonesome and I'm getting cabin fever :evil:

Mike

williamc

Re: Lousy weather

Post by williamc »

Mike,
Sun shinning, light wing, temp 60 and rising, heading to the airport. Eat your heart out.
Bill
Carolina Aeronca Pilot

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

:(

Nathan K. Hammond

Post by Nathan K. Hammond »

No ski's? :D

nkh
7AC-5691
Super 85-12F @ DVK

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Nathan,
I have a set of 1850's but it's a pain to put them on with the Good Year brake set up. Plus, the two foot drift is almost solid ice, plus I'm apparently lazy and waiting for the sun to do it's work....probably enough excuses! My hanger door faces north which doesn't help the situation.

Mike

hangerash

Post by hangerash »

MikeB,

Glad to hear you made it back home safely!
After my first year with a north facing hanger I learned why you want to avoid that orientation if you like to fly a lot. :D

Richard
Richard

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea »

Nice and sunny here in Arizona... no snow drifts at all! :)

pmanton

Post by pmanton »

Yeah the same here in Salome, AZ. The snow drifts melted a LONG time ago. I think 10 K years or so. :D
Paul

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Rub it in..... :cry:

Mike

Don Eide

Post by Don Eide »

Mike,

Don't hit your self too hard. I've been here all winter and I haven't flown my Champ since November. I have flown, but not the Champ.
Our runway gets plowed right down to the grass so ski's don't work, and I have about 300 feet to plow by truck or blow by a walk behind
blower, which isn't any fun, so I haven't flown my Champ either. The last two times they had it plowed, the plow driver put a shoe of some sort
on the tip of the plow so he leaves about a inch of snow on the runway. Good for wheels or ski's. Next year I'll put the ski's on at the first snow. Ski flying is fun.

Did you hear the latest forecast? Two FEET of snow in South Dakota, and Minneapolis could get a foot of that lovely white #@%&.
I hope there wrong.

See you some Saturday,
Don
7DC Champ
N84032

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Don,
We're skis only in the winter. Several years ago we tried to plow the runway and it ripped things up pretty bad (on the other hand it was nice and level come spring/no gopher mounds :? ). About this time of the year I often wonder why we chose to live up here but then I remember May-October when it doesn't get much better and I pretty much get 'antsy' (my wife's words) sitting around in Texas for three months too.

Anyhow we really don't need two more feet of snow=you can keep that in Viking Country.

Come on over some Saturday when the weathers nicer. The coffee and conversation is always on. Still have the Taylorcraft project?? Or know of anything else interesting around??
Mike