has something happened I missed?

General discussion and guidelines
sevenacjack

has something happened I missed?

Post by sevenacjack » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:50

The last post I see on NAABB was on Oct 7th 2015, "Has something happened I missed?" Jack

rkittine

Re: has something happened I missed?

Post by rkittine » Mon Nov 02, 2015 17:32

Post something good so that people have something to reply too! 8) Looks like plenty of views, just little activity. :cry:

Bob
Robert P. Kittine, Jr.WA2YDV
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C.
New York, New York 631-374-9652
rkittine@aol.com

EDGEFLY

Post by EDGEFLY » Mon Nov 02, 2015 19:54

Facebookitis?

Dale

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Tue Nov 03, 2015 04:38

As someone previously noted in another thread "the vortex that is Facebook" has overtaken legacy of this forum.

I too have looked daily for unread posts only to have a blank screen appear. I was actively participating on Facebook until I went cold turkey on 20 August. Its amazing how more productive you become with less distraction.

Now days away from finishing repairs on my 7CCM-CONV Champ, I will probably rejoin the daily Facebook discussions when it is flying again.

This forum is still a daily stop when I sit down at the computer, and has been for the past three years.
Richard

james gevay

Post by james gevay » Mon Nov 09, 2015 08:15

"The vortex that is Facebook", boy ain't that the truth!
It's easy and fast to post photos and text on facebook and it gets about 5 minutes of attention until someone else posts, and then it's pretty much forgotten.
Too bad you can't post photos here anymore unless you go through someplace like Photobucket first. For some people that doesn't work for them.
Lots of technical knowledge here in the past posts but almost nothing now.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Mon Nov 09, 2015 08:52

Like most of those of us who were regular 'contributors' I miss this site although I still check it on occasion. Face Book is OK and easy to post pictures, etc. but no way that I know of to store for a quick reference at some future time. Besides we almost had a regular community here of posting friends with the same agenda of good useful information. Although I have the Aeronca site bookmarked on FB I have to sort through posting from various friends, church business, etc. every morning when I usually check my FB account.
Mike Berg