Possible scanner in our groups

General discussion and guidelines
joea
Site Admin

Possible scanner in our groups

Post by joea » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:26

Folks,

Several of us have talked directly about what to do in this situation and finally decided to put the word out to everyone just in case. We have had a person on the NAA's Facebook page who has been trolling for $$ and Aeronca parts the last 9 months or so.

He kept posting that he was a "disabled Vet" and using the parts and funds to help school-kids in his area. Some folks have donated parts, engines even ham radios to be used to generate funds to supposedly help these kids.

Well its now appearing that things are not what they seemed at first. The below is a post that an Aeronca owner posted on the forum yesterday and boy, the comments afterwards are sure telling.

~~~~~

Sean Peyton Ross.. Posted an ad in here about a-65 and other parts for sale about a month or so ago..

I purchased a set of mags from him that were supposed to come with a harness plugs, chrome valve covers, a-65 oil pump gears and a carb kit.

I received the mags which were supposed to be "low time" they look like they haven't been on an airplane in 50 years the impulse coupling had been removed and so I have no impulse on either mag the carb kit was ancient and brittle there were no plugs or oil pump gears and the valve covers were rusted dented trash..

I talked to him about what I received he blamed it on shipping and proceeded to block me on FB I lost out on 600 dollars that I really didn't even have to spend I don't want this to happen to any of you.

~~~~~

We have given him the chance to comment on the thread and so far there has not been any response from Mr. Ross. There has however been a very nice out-pouring of others on the thread offering to help the original poster, Mr. Hayden Newhouse.

Anyone who is thinking of doing any business with the above individual, please be very careful.

Joe Abrahamson
NAA

Paul Agaliotis

Re: Possible scanner in our groups

Post by Paul Agaliotis » Wed Jul 15, 2015 17:37

This guy has been living on the goodwill of others for 5 years. It's a shame these type of people continue to breath my air. Caveat Emptor.
Paul
Mailing Adress : Paul Agaliotis 2060 E. San Martin, San Martin,Calif. 95046

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Wed Jul 15, 2015 21:57

Thanks Paul and things sure are not looking good for him right now...

We are too small a community to try that sort of stuff here..

Dennis

Post by Dennis » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:10

The sad thing is that "good" people will have trouble getting donation for legitimate causes.

Dennis

Paul Agaliotis

Post by Paul Agaliotis » Thu Jul 16, 2015 19:00

He needs a vist from the southern mens group for a little "adjustment". It makes people skeptical about any donations as Dennis pointed out.

Now myself, I suffer from Terrafirmitus. The only known cure is "altitude therapy", but the cost is 5gal of AvGas per treatment. I'll soon be setting up a PayPal site for your donations.

There is currently no cure, so therapy is my only hope. Don't do it for me, do it for the children that suffer with this issue. And me.

Paul,long time sufferer.
Mailing Adress : Paul Agaliotis 2060 E. San Martin, San Martin,Calif. 95046

Captgrumps

Post by Captgrumps » Mon Jul 20, 2015 00:30

Where is he located?

Doug
Keep the pointed end forward--
The dirty side down.....
And the blue skies on top....

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Mon Jul 20, 2015 07:14

Grumps wrote:Where is he located?

Doug
Doug, he is down in your neck of the woods. Barnesville Georgia is the best I can find.

If you know Nathan Hammond or David Johnson, they both have had personal experience with him and can give you more details than I am ready to put on this forum, but suffice to say anyone doing ANY business with him that is not "face to face" in person is not recommended.

Joe A

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Mon Jul 20, 2015 09:05

Paul I too suffer from your affliction... :D

Joe I don't know if you could trust dealing with him face to face. The young man has some serious issues if you do as others have suggested and search the internet. Delusional at best, if he ever served in the military, as claimed, he is definitely section 8 material.
Richard

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Tue Jul 21, 2015 08:41

hangerash wrote:Paul I too suffer from your affliction... :D

Joe I don't know if you could trust dealing with him face to face. The young man has some serious issues if you do as others have suggested and search the internet. Delusional at best, if he ever served in the military, as claimed, he is definitely section 8 material.
And it gets even better. You should see the videos he has put on the internet saying "I have been bullied non-stop for 41 years"....

https://plus.google.com/109226849933416413004/posts

David Johnson

Post by David Johnson » Tue Jul 21, 2015 19:34

Paul, I would be up for an "adjustment" visit with him. Same as threatened my physically on Facebook. Got a real chuckle out of that. My Brother (slightly larger than me) always says "I may not be able to run you down, but if I catch you I'm gonna hurt you"! Hope you guys are well and having fun! Only a year till Middletown again. Doug: if he comes around you, let me know I would like to meet you an attend the meeting! Be Good Guys, David J.

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Tue Jul 21, 2015 20:33

David,

Can I help? :)

Joe A

BTW he has now been banned from the NAA's Facebook page. No comment on his end, I gave him 15 minutes to post some feedback but nothing and so far nothing in my inbox either.

brink

Post by brink » Mon Dec 10, 2018 04:21

This is an old post,but I’ve been burned again, I guess it’s best if you don’t trust anybody, even face to face with a handshake does not seem to work any more. I am Old School, and really stupid, the Wife made the comment you must be stupid to trust these people, she is right, but I refuse to say that, their are some good people out their that you can trust, and their word is their bond. Possibly far and few between but their out their, I know it and you know it,(Merry Christmas) I hope your stocking is full!