Univair - spectacular customer service

General discussion and guidelines
bob turner

Univair - spectacular customer service

Post by bob turner » Fri May 01, 2015 13:46

I had a fit problem with some Univair parts - it was of the order of thousandths of an inch, and I did not discover my problem was not common with normal production until a year later, when I was installing a set of similar products.

A couple of communications with Univair, and new parts magically appeared on the FedEx truck. The new parts are perfect fit, and cosmetically appealing.

After a year, no manufacturer has any duty to make things right when a customer belatedly complains. Most specialty manufacturers will deny that a problem exists, and simply keep doing what they do. Not Univair - Univair re-aligned their manufacturing jig, improved the specs for cosmetics, and made a better product.

Cannot get any better than that!

Richard

Re: Univair - spectacular customer service

Post by Richard » Fri May 01, 2015 23:57

I have to disagree. My son purchased a exhaust shroud from Univair for his stinson's franklin engine; and it is 1/8" short. They told him too bad.... He's out $350 and trying to find another shroud.

Richard

pmanton

Re: Univair - spectacular customer service

Post by pmanton » Sat May 02, 2015 10:08

I ordered a set of wing root covers for my Champ. The upper front covers were totally unlike the prints. When I contacted them I was told they matched their prints. When I asked for a copy of their prints I was told to go pound sand. Don't forget their famous wing rib issues.
Paul
Salome, AZ