Bill Pancakes Fuselage Fixture for Repairs

General discussion and guidelines
BILL SEE

Bill Pancakes Fuselage Fixture for Repairs

Post by BILL SEE » Wed Mar 25, 2015 09:03

I have BILL'S FUSELAGE FIXTURE Available for repairs, Call for a quote, Bill See 740-625-6803
:D

joea
Site Admin

Re: Bill Pancakes Fuselage Fixture for Repairs

Post by joea » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:37

Bill,

Is this the one that Brian Safran had for a while?

Glad to see it in good hands!

Joe A

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Tue Aug 04, 2015 20:22

Joe it is the Pancake repair fixture Brian Safran had.
Richard

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35

Unfortunately it appears that this fixture is up for sale again.

Anyone with a good Aeronca background who might be interested in this, please contact Brian Safran!!

We need to save this but sure would like to see it stay in the mid-west if possible.

Joe A

Bo Grave

Post by Bo Grave » Thu Jan 21, 2016 15:45

Joe,

What does he want for it?

rgds,

Eugene Grave
Eugene ( Bo ) Grave
A&P, IA, R&E
CHAMP
CHIEF
BONANZA

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu Jan 21, 2016 15:58

Bo Grave wrote:Joe,

What does he want for it?

rgds,

Eugene Grave
No idea, please give Brian Safran a ring and see!

330 635 one five two three. Tell him Joe at the NAA passed the phone number along.

Joe A

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:00

15,000 is the figure that has surfaced or pretty close to it from what the maillist chatter indicates. Call Bill or Brian. I would transport it for gas expenses if it would help someone out.
Richard

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Fri Jan 22, 2016 16:42

hangerash wrote:15,000 is the figure that has surfaced or pretty close to it from what the maillist chatter indicates. Call Bill or Brian. I would transport it for gas expenses if it would help someone out.
Believe that Brian has a bit more than that in the jig but that he is "workable on the price" as long as it goes to a good home. That figure is a ballpark of what I have heard as well... and he is hoping that it stays in the mid-west. We have several out in the West and believe one in Texas so trying to keep them spread out a bit so that folks do not have to drive too far to get their airplane in a jig.

Joe A

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Sat Jan 23, 2016 14:44

Joe,

I spent all of three days tracking the one in Texas and to the best of my knowledge and belief the jig disappeared when Jerry Pockrus passed on.

There are only three in existence now:
1. Glenn Miller in Selma, CA
2. Ron Piercy in Moses Lake, WA
3. Bill See in Centerville, OH

I'd love to be the caretaker of the Pancake alignment fixture if I had the space, extra money, and years left to make it work. I would like to see it stay in Ohio and close to Middletown would be even better.

Now I'm going out to get a Lottery ticket and see if it will buy me a fixture. :lol:
Richard

brink

Post by brink » Thu Nov 29, 2018 09:38

Ya I’new Jerry when I lived in a hanger on Clark Field, Jerry was a part time trucker and I think the last company he drove for hauled new cars out of the rail yard, Jerry developed Cancer, after he bought an entire Champ Used Inventory from Springtown Texas. I don’t recall how it came about, I think the owner in Springtown went west and it was a sale to pay off a debt. Jerry moved it all to Clark field, their was some kind of wing jig and a fuselage Jig, something happened between Springtown and Clark field when they were transporting these jigs, now mind you I Hurd this 3rd class, and I never did talk toJerry about it, I,was at Terry Barkers Hanger at Aero valley and Jerry did a prebuy on a V tail Beach, John Abitz asked Jerry If the Jig was available, (NO its not) it was a total Loss, was Jerry’s comment. At the time I didn’t realize they were talking about a Champ fuselage jig. I learned more from John Abitz over Lunch a month later, John had sold his Champ converted L-Bird and the new owner put it on its top in a landing accident, that occurred 8 years ago, that Champ is in a Hanger at Aerovalley rusting away. Covered by a foot of dirt. When John Abitz went West his Champ inventory was sold to a parts house at Hicks Field, another DFW Airport, that inventory is not for sale.