Len Kahny, 103, Former Aeronca Employee, Passes Away

General discussion and guidelines
Matt

Len Kahny, 103, Former Aeronca Employee, Passes Away

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 29, 2014 06:21

Dear friends and Aeronca community,

Ed Malkowicz, Len Kahny's son-in-law, just sent me the sad news and asked me to share it with you. Len last attended the 2014 Aeronca convention. In Brian Matz's panoramic photo, he can be seen in his wheelchair, front row, center. He was such a gentle, sunny character and full of energy. He will be dearly missed!

I will email Ed a direct link to this page, so that he and his wife Michaele, Len's daughter, will be able to read your comments, thanks.

Matt

Aeronca 15AC Sedan – Restoring and flying the classic 4-seater: http://www.n1331h.com

hangerash

Re: Len Kahny, 103, Former Aeronca Employee, Passes Away

Post by hangerash » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:46

The only thing for certain in this world is we all must someday die. I am tankful Len got to spend so many years with us in the Aeronca community as well as serving his community supporting the arts. Our thoughts of Len are warm and comforting as we share his passing with Michaele and Ed..

Richard
Richard

joea
Site Admin

Re: Len Kahny, 103, Former Aeronca Employee, Passes Away

Post by joea » Sun Dec 07, 2014 08:15

Another nice thing was that Brian Matz was able to give him a flight in his Aeronca Chief in this summer's fly-in. He was smiling from start to finish and we all were really happy that he was able to attend.

May he RIP