Lets get started!

General discussion and guidelines
joea
Site Admin

Lets get started!

Post by joea » Thu Nov 11, 2004 13:17

This forum is being started to try to improve the bulletin board being used with the National Aeronca Association website.

We have heard from several people saying that the structure could be improved and we agree! The moderators of this bulletin board are also members of the board of directors of the NAA and we want everything to work and work well!

This forum is for discussion about Aeronca airplanes, period! There is a forum for "off topic" discussion items and anything not about Aeronca's should be kept there.

Please, no profanity, nudity and as little comments about MMO (Mystery Mouse oil) as possible. If you want to talk about politics, religion and such, please take it to the "off topic" forum!

Fly safe and fly often! Keep these old airplanes up in the air and both of us smiling!

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:23

Also, you can register, which we wish you would do, or post without registering or signing in.

If you sign in, and check the "please notify me" at the bottom of the page it will send the poster an email telling them that someone has replied to their post. If you have registered but not signed in you can still post.

One thing that some people liked about the old board was the ability to post and not leave your name or email address. You can still do that on this board if needed.

mospilot

technical information

Post by mospilot » Sun May 08, 2005 09:03

does anyone know where the serial number is stamped on the fuselage???on a 7ac champ 1946...please tell me where to look

MikeB

serial number

Post by MikeB » Sun May 08, 2005 16:27

To the best of my knowledge, Aeronca never stamped the fuselage. All they ever had was the data plate that was attached to the floorboards usually just ahead of the rear seat passenger. I've seen them on both sides. If you have the paperwork for the aircraft, you can get a new stamped data plate from Champion (seems like it's around $50.00) and (for whatever it's worth) there are those who have bought a plate from Wag Aero and had it stamped with the correct information.
"If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money"

mospilot@aol.coom

wood bulkheads

Post by mospilot@aol.coom » Sat Jun 11, 2005 08:09

hey gang
does anyone know where to buy the wooden bulkheads for a 7AC champ????
ray
davie,florida

Don Eide

Post by Don Eide » Sat Jun 11, 2005 09:01

I'd call Wag-Aero. Safe Air Repair had them hanging on the wall, and Wag-Aero bought out Safe Air Repair, so they should have them.
Don
7DC Champ
N84032